Followers

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Family fun in the woods.

This afternoon we spent a wonderful family afternoon in the woods.  We finished our errands this morning and headed out for a wonderful dinner to fulfill mom's steak craving. It was delicious and my craving was fulfilled.

After lunch we headed over to our friend's farm to head out into the woods with the 4-wheelers.  It was a great day  to go for a ride. This week we received a couple inches of snow but not enough to make it difficult to go for a ride. My oldest and husband headed off on one, while my youngest and I followed on the other one. We started out ride heading down to the dog, the calves and then by the cows. Both girls love to see the animals, so we had to make a pass by them. Then off to the woods we headed.

The woods for me is a bit of a retreat. It is a place that I feel recharges me and a place that can calm and recenter me. It always has been and it has been a long time since I've had a recharge.

We rode all over the different parts of our friends land over fields, creeks and woods.  It was a beautiful day, not too windy or cold and cloudy enough that we weren't blinded by the sun. We saw a couple of birds and lots of other animal tracks but no other animals.  My youngest was really enjoying the ride. She is little enough  that when she ride in front of me she rests her feet on my calves. She was so happy and excited that she kept bouncing during the ride. I will definitely be looking to see if I have bruises in the morning.

It was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon enjoying the great outdoors as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment